addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Madison Area Volleyball Network Message Board › Volleyball Road Trip?

Volleyball Road Trip?

Bob M.
user 46589842
Madison, WI
Just had an idea, and I want to float it by email before I make it into an actual Meetup event.  Our beloved Badger v-ballers play at Mich State (East Lansing) the evening of Fri 11/22, and then play again at Michigan (Ann Arbor) the following night.  So I thought it might be fun to organize a group from the Meetup to carpool over there and fill up a few motel/hotel rooms, and make a weekend of it.
It's about 6 hrs to drive over there, so we'd have to take Fri off work and leave by mid-morning, and we'd get back Sunday mid/late afternoon.  We could double-up (or triple/quadruple-up) at the hotels to save a little money -- probably cost us about $30-50/night per person depending on how many people we stuff into a room.  And we could spend the first half of Saturday either hangin out at the pool/hot-tub, or ... sightseeing?  Anyway, both of their football teams are playing away that week, so that should make it easier and cheaper to book rooms.
How many of you would be interested in something like that?  Please post your comments on our Meetup message board, or reply to me privately at  If enough people like the idea, I'll add it as an "official" Meetup event.
Brian S
Madison, WI
Post #: 296
How about a group outing to a home match?
Bob M.
user 46589842
Madison, WI
Post #: 17
Yeah, I was going to set one up for the Nebraska match next Friday. Just haven't set it up yet.