This group is for all manner of activities related to nature and the outdoors. Events in this meetup will vary - examples include:
• Canoeing and kayaking
• Beach parties
• Cookouts, bonfires, and picnics
• Hikes and nature walks
• Nature appreciation and/or educational events
• Visits to zoos, conservationists, etc.
• Gardening events and classes
• Sports and other fun stuff in a local park
• Outdoor Madison events
• Ski-ing, snow-shoeing, and other fun winter activities
• Hay rides and harvest festivals
• Lots of other stuff!
My goal with this group is to get people out and about in Madison and surrounding areas.
Since I want the group to be as inclusive as possible, most events will be family-friendly. If an event is explicitly not family-friendly, I will mention as such in the event description, and urge co-organizers to follow these same guidelines with their events.
Who should join?
• Anyone who wants to get outside and have fun - whether it be hiking, sports, outdoor concerts, etc.
• Anyone who loves gardening, botany, conservation, or anything else related to nature.
• Anyone looking for family-friendly/kid-friendly activities.
• People who are new to Madison, or who just want to get to know it a little bit more.
We are excited to announce the HUGE Spooktacular Vendor & Craft Fair to Benefit OccuPaws Guide Dogs!
Each day the show will feature 110+ booths of handmade crafts, artists, vendors and other fun booths! Get a jump start on Holiday shopping, or just spend a great day browsing for yourself!
As a BONUS…there will be free parking and free admission! Support OccuPaws Guide Dogs in their giant raffle as well or shop for your furry friend at their booth as well!
This event is family and kid friendly and costumes are encouraged as many vendors will have candy available for trick or treating!
Dreadwood Haunted Forest is open Fridays and Saturdays in October. Visit between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $16 and can be purchased on-site only. Cash and credit cards are accepted. And remember, it’s for a good cause – Dreadwood proudly donates proceeds to charity.
For more information, call (651)[masked]. You can also visit the Dreadwood Haunted Forest website or Facebook page.