addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Madison Traditional Gaming Message Board Madison Traditional Gaming Discussion Forum › Meetups March through June

Meetups March through June

Victor R.
badger2305
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Dear All,

I just wanted to let you know about the upcoming Meetup schedule for Madison Traditional Gaming.  We've got some exciting things going on, and now seemed like a good time to share.

• March 19th: we're not meeting this March, because of a perfect storm in meeting room reservations in the Madison Public Library system.  I am encouraging everyone to go to GaryCon, which is one weekend later, March 25th-27th.
  • April 16th: we'll be at the Pinney Branch of the Madison Public Library.  They have a very nice meeting room in the back of the library, parking is extensive, and the staff were very nice when I set things up.  Additionally, there is a Michael's Custard right around the corner, plus several other decent options right nearby.
  • May 21st and June 18th: we'll be back at the Hawthorne Branch of the Madison Public Library.  Remember, there is a separate entrance to the meeting room to the right of the main entrance.  The Hawthorne Branch staff were also quite nice and very helpful when I explained our scheduling issues.  Last time we were there, we went over to Bub's Burgers and tried it out - they had really good burgers.
Besides the upcoming schedule, there are a few other things in the works:

• We're going back to scheduling events in advance, so you know what's going on ahead of time.  The purpose of the Meetup is to give people a chance to play all sorts of vintage role-playing games, and new games written in that style.
  • We also want to know who is running their own Old School Gaming campaign.  Right now, I've got a campaign that has been running for over a year at Pegasus Games on Tuesday evenings, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one.  Come out and play, everybody!
  • Various members of Madison Traditional Gaming have been out to gaming conventions and that's going to continue.  Besides GaryCon, there's Odyssey Con 11, Spring Gaming Hoopla, and later in the year, Rock-Con.  We'll be spreading the word about the Old School Renaissance - and if there are other cons to go to, let me and everyone else know.
Eventually, we might have a regular quarterly newsletter - look for further developments!

Victor Raymond

MTG Organizer
James
user 3163454
Madison, WI
Post #: 2
Thanks for posting the schedules up in advanced it helps remind me and schedule stuff. We need to get together outside of a meetup some time to go over some mechanics stuff for EPT magic system when you have time.