addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Madison Preppers Message Board › Emergency Disaster Planning Seminar

Emergency Disaster Planning Seminar

Curt
user 41599832
Group Organizer
Sun Prairie, WI
Post #: 35
Hello Preppers,

I am thinking about doing some emergency preparedness seminars. The first seminar would be building a "Grab and Go" binder like the one I have brought to the meetings and building a "72 Hour" kit or "Bug-Out-Bag". Two very important items to have as a prepper. This first seminar would be 4 hours - 2 hours for the binder portion and 2 hours for the 72 hour kit. The cost would be $35 per person.

You would receive the forms I used for my binder which I would send to you via email or load them on your USB drive to be printed out. I would also cover the other information I have in my binder and how to put it all together. Then I would cover 72 Hour kits and the equipment/gear you should have in your kit or pack as well as other important essentials. This seminar would be on a Saturday morning form 8am until noon.

Contact me if you would be interested or for more information.

Thanks,

Curt
A former member
Post #: 1
We would both be interested. Just not during deer hunting. LOL
Jack
user 101721512
Verona, WI
Post #: 2
I would be interested! I have been working on my 72 hour bag! perfect timing
Rick
user 102825052
Madison, WI
Post #: 3
Hello Preppers,

I am thinking about doing some emergency preparedness seminars. The first seminar would be building a "Grab and Go" binder like the one I have brought to the meetings and building a "72 Hour" kit or "Bug-Out-Bag". Two very important items to have as a prepper. This first seminar would be 4 hours - 2 hours for the binder portion and 2 hours for the 72 hour kit. The cost would be $35 per person.
I would be interested and think I could get one more person to some.

IMHO, a BOB should actually be more of a BOS, or Bug out System of things in layers. You'd want certain items of most primary importance tightly on your person like you are an international tourist, then from there you go out in layers to perhaps some load bearing clothing (vest, jacket, stuff on belt, or for the more advanced MOLLE type set ups), then to a BOB, but then to what you might keep and be able to quickly load into your vehicle also. I think it's important to consider ahead of time what you truly would take and leave behind in a bug out/evacuation situation, and there are two types there... short time and long term... such as a regional event like Katrina, vs. TEOTWAWKI thinking. Though they have a lot of overlap in what you take and leave, there are differences.
Rick
user 102825052
Madison, WI
Post #: 4
Maybe a vehicle bug out bag (VBOB), or what you keep in your vehicle is for another seminar, but here's a pretty impressive surprise inspection by SouthernPrepper1 of his brother. Pretty advanced amount of stuff (except for water), and very advanced as to self defense equipment.

http://www.youtube.co...­