Members (and their guests) are invited to RSVP "yes" and then come and play Mah Jongg for charity on Friday afternoons beginning at noon. However, attendance has been up and down... this means, if you RSVP "yes" we strongly encourage you to check this page on the day of to be sure we will actually be meeting. If we don't have enough players for one table then the meetup may be cancelled.
- It's free to play. However, we ask that you make a donation to our "kitty" when you attend. The amount is up to you. Some people who come regularly just donate $20/month. Others put in a few dollars each week. The "kitty" donations go to worthy charities, local and global. We rotate who we take charity suggestions from, so we always find worthy charities to support from the members of this generous group. To name just a few charities we have donated to in the past: Northwest Harvest (food bank), Kubota Garden, International Rescue Committee, Hopelink, Treehouse Foster Care, Operation Homefront, Westside Baby, The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Country Doctor, and many more.... you get the idea!
- Also, since this is a public restaurant, we encourage everyone to purchase beverages and snacks. This is the best way to show our appreciation for being allowed to use this free space.
- Mah Jongg Fever was founded to play American Mah Jongg according to National Mah Jongg League (NMJL) rules and raise money for charity.
- We teach beginners and we are open to the public - everyone is welcome!
- Come and play with us in the evenings and/or join us for daytime games. We hope to see you at either or both venues and may the Joker Fairy smile on you!