What we're about
Do you remember the old Childcraft book series called Make and Do? As a kid, I loved leafing through those pages for inspiration. They'd often inspire me to try new things. For example, I'd organize neighborhood scavenger hunts, host backyard circuses and talent shows, transform the basement into a haunted house, make puppets, create with papier mache, build snow forts, dance in the rain, learn magic tricks, and throw impromptu theme parties. As adults, we don't always make time to try new things, play, or just be silly. But our inner children need to let loose once in a while! Here's the chance to "come out and play" in an easy-going, fun-loving, judgement-free setting. Our activities and meeting times will vary, to include lots of interests and schedules. Most events will take place in a private residence. Once you've signed up, you'll receive the address.
Things to know:
1. A big, fluffy dog will be present at home-based events. She's gentle, but she sheds and slobbers. You've been warned! (There's a lizard, too, but she will remain in an aquarium.)
2. Snacks to share and virgin drinks are welcome.
3. Drugs and alcohol are not.
4. Each event will have a suggested donation fee, to pay for supplies and Meetup fees. However, inability to pay is no reason to stay away.
5. Some activities are messy, and some take place outdoors. Dress accordingly!
6. To maintain an emotionally safe environment, all participants must abandon snarkiness, profanity, and bad sportsmanship at the door.
7. Attendees must be able to navigate three steps to enter our location.