Let's practice agile / UX design and build our portfolios together!
Hi, my name's Jazz. I've been designing and making products, user experiences and service designs for some time. I've been working to properly document my work for a while, but progress is slow. And it can be hard to get good, critical feedback. Also, I'm an externally-motivated person who works best in teams, but happens to be working alone at the moment. What is there to do?
Maybe you're in a similar position. Or maybe you're just starting out. You're enrolled in a bootcamp, or you've built your own independent projects. Maybe you're looking for something simple to try out, as a case study. You're motivated, and you work hard at learning, but it's all so big. And everywhere you look, voices are telling you that your portfolio isn't good enough.
What do you do?
You make it just a little bit better. And then you iterate.
Come do it with me!
Come by MakeHartford, and join the brand-new Agile UX Team. We will:
- do peer to peer coaching.
- practice Lean UX skills for integration into modern agile teams.
- provide a deadline to present a small amount of progress.
- receive guidance on what the next small improvement should be for the next critique.
- work together on small case study projects, and coach each other on writing them up.
- critique each others' ongoing work in a constructive and safe environment.
- perform collaborative exercises in UX discovery work, such as Empathy Maps, Journey Maps, Proto-Personas, and more.
- practice techniques for validated learning, such as Landing Page Tests, Wizard Of Oz tests, paper prototyping, and others.
- build a community of motivated designers and entrepreneurs.
If you're a self-starter, are changing careers, or have lots of experience but feel stuck in a rut, come by and give working together a shot!