Due to Hurricane Sandy, this class has been moved two weeks, to the new date of 11/17. Date and location are still subject to change depending on Hoboken's restoration progress. Everyone signed up will receive email updates, and refunds are available any time for any reason.
Make a lowly Nerf Nite Finder fire 75+ feet and reload twice as quickly in our most hotly-demanded workshop yet! Nerf war veteran Zack Freedman will teach you battle-tested tricks in this hands-on hardware hackathon for ages 14 and up.
Each participant will get a Nerf Nite Finder, which they will extensively mod for maximum blastability in the MakerBar Workshop. Mods include:
- Air-restrictor removal
- Spring replacement
- Catch and retainer reinforcement
- Seal improvement
- Coupler addition
- "Silencer" padding
- CPVC speedloader
- Minimization (time permitting)
In addition to tripling the range and cutting reload time in half, you'll learn how a Nerf blaster works, how to make your overpowered blaster survive, and how to use basic hand tools safely and effectively.
Please read before signing up:
- By participating, you disclaim MakerBar and affiliated parties of responsibility for damages caused by the workshop and anything constructed at the MakerBar. This disclaimer is implied in all MakerBar activities, but we're especially stressing it here.
- This workshop is for participants aged 14 and up. Chaperones may accompany participants for free, but friends and guests will need separate tickets.
- We'll mod a Nerf Nite Finder, which is included in the fees. You may bring other blasters to show off, but we will only mod the Nite Finders.
- Nerf darts have unpredictable flight patterns. Custom darts (not included) may be required to consistently hit long ranges.
- Although the finished blaster will be safe when used with Streamline darts, it will be too powerful for office warfare, Humans vs Zombies, and close-quarters indoor wars. It's perfect for outdoor wars, though!
- Feel free to arrive up to an hour early and stay late.
All proceeds from this class are used to pay for materials, rent, and supplies for the MakerBar. Your fee includes your Nerf blaster, materials, and a one-month class-only membership to the MakerBar.