6 Vivian St, Wellington
$45 NZD/$40 USD. EFTPOS available. Payment details at the bottom of page!
Discover this powerful, professional creative tool to unleash your creativity, and make the most of the fantastic machinery on offer at Makerspace NZ.
If you want to use a laser cutter, a vinyl cutter, a CNC Router, a waterjet cutter, make stencils or need to print something very large, you're going to need to wrap your head around "vector" graphics" and the pen tool.
Using this free/open source software, we will learn the lingo and go through the process of creating your own vector graphic and how you can adapt an image from the web.
So come along to this informal and friendly guided workshop and learn to make your projects very much easier - and cheaper!
We'll cover some definite items including:
• introducing you to some of the machines we have here (so you know what you're looking at and what they can do) and examples of work to show just how limitless your projects can be!
• answering any specific questions you might have about how to do something or a project we could use as a demo.
• file types and what your finished file should look like.
• vectorising and why that's important in manufacturing.
Keeping it cool
We deliver a more chilled-out playful experience then your standard rote teaching workshop. And more accommodating to where you want to take things.
We guarantee you'll be more engaged and will get more out of the session if you're at the wheel so too speak. This is aimed at everyone from complete newbies to those with some experience wanting more specific guidance.
***This is highly recommended prior to attending the Intro to Laser Workshop [self use] ***
$45 NZD / $40 USD. EFTPOS available.
Please note the meetup price is in USD. (Meetup is a US service)
Computers supplied but do feel free to bring along your own. We'll be using Adobe CS2 [downloadable from Adobe's website for free]..
• Please note - we will need at least 6 attendees to go ahead with this workshop but it may go ahead with less.
• Please arrive at 6pm for 6.15pm prompt start. Workshops last approximately two hours.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.