What we're about
EWGA is an international, not-for-profit organization founded in 1991 to provide career-minded women with an environment in which they may advance their recreational and professional interest through the game of golf. With more than 120 local Chapters, EWGA today boasts a membership of over 14,000 members. EWGA has been featured in USA Today, Entrepreneur, Executive Female, PGA Magazine, GOLFWEEK and numerous other national and regional publications. The Manatee Chapter founded in 1994, has more than 100 members with an active schedule of golf, social and networking events. These events, plus an extensive communications program that includes regular e-mail blasts, newsletters, and website to our membership, offer numerous opportunities for sponsors and advertisers to promote their products and services.
Each year our Manatee Chapter has enjoyed the financial support of a growing number of local businesses in our community. This enables us to make increasing contributions of time and money to local charities and organizations, such as Girls for Golf, First Tee, Hospice, Toys for Tots, and more.
EWGA Members Are: (who should join?) • In their prime earning years (not always in Florida...)
• 50% are married, 32% single and 18% either widowed or divorce
• More than 80% Employed full time
• 44% earn in excess of $80K; 45% have HHI > $100K
• Affluent & well educated (over 80% have college degrees; of these 44% have graduate degrees)
• 44% are either business owners, senior managers, executives or in professional/technical positions
• 10% own their own businesses
• Avid Golfers (70% play 25+ rounds per year)
Our members also include well established retirees who are enjoying more golf