addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Manchester Armchair Philosophers Message Board › What we have to look forward to in the next couple of months....

What we have to look forward to in the next couple of months....

Mary R C.
MaryRCrumpton
Group Organizer
Manchester, GB
Hi everyone,

I see that we now have 100 members - wow!  This will hopefully mean we continue to get 20 - 30 people at each event, which is great for gathering together a wide range of ideas and perspectives.

In case you hadn't noticed, I added the topic for our November meet (Wed 21st) to the meet-up page.  We will be chatting about the subject "What is art?".  There are all sorts of things to think about in that question I think, e.g. What makes you call something art or artistic? Does art have to be beautiful?  This is a topic that was suggested by about 5 people so I hope it will be one we can enjoy.

And, looking ahead to December, we plan an appropriate topic:  "What is Christmas?" - see the blurb in the December meet-up event page for some aspects I thought we might consider.  One person noted that we could even ask "How do we know that Father Christmas doesn't exist? Or do we?".

Should be a fun one.

Anyway, that's all from me for now, except just to say thank you so much to everyone who has come along so far and made these get-togethers both fun and stimulating.

See some of you this Wednesday.

All the best,

Mary x

07751 696 055