Let’s get together and socialize in Mandarin. We hold a variety of events that promote speaking Mandarin and connecting with other Mandarin speakers.
I organized the largest Mandarin speaking Meetup group in San Francisco and now that I’m based out of Los Angeles, I want to build the same community here.
Here’s what to expect:
- A Mandarin-only environment. Beginner/non-native speakers are welcome, but you should be capable of holding a basic conversation in Mandarin. Many of our non-Chinese members have studied or worked in Asia and are intermediate/advanced Mandarin speakers.
- Our main Meetup is the first Friday of the month. We meet at a large venue and people eat, drink, and socialize in Mandarin. We stay on our feet to promote mingling.
- Every few weeks or so we hold smaller Mandarin-themed sit-down events such as lunch/dinner, karaoke, trivia night, board games, etc. to promote socializing in Mandarin in smaller groups.
Hope you can join us. I look forward to speaking Mandarin with you.
It's time for our monthly Mandarin Mixer! I hope to bring together the West LA Mandarin-speaking community and also make it more convenient for those of you who can't always make it out to SGV. For newcomers, here's what to expect:
- Members gather together to chat in Mandarin, sip drinks, snack on some appetizers, and make new friends.
- The official event time is from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, but feel free to come and go as it suits your schedule. I will be there at 6:00 pm to welcome everyone.
- Please order at least one menu item to support our venue. The continued success of this Meetup relies on our ability to find good venues that can generously accommodate our group.
I look forward to speaking Mandarin with you all!