addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Manhattan Tarot~ Originality & Community Message Board › Zach Wong's Revelations Tarot~ discussion, including a drop-in visit from th

Zach Wong's Revelations Tarot~ discussion, including a drop-in visit from the artist himself~

A former member
Post #: 44
Hello, Meetuppers~ this discussion began in 2005 with much back-and-forth related to copright issues, but if you follow it, you will find a discussion of the Ace of Wands and the Seven of Cups, and then in August 2006 we revive the discussion, and the artist, Zach Wong, has joined Living Tarot Meetup and introduced himself. Welcom, Zach, we are so pleased and honored to have you! Our latest dialogue is on the last page. We are studying this deck actively now. Have fun! Ferol

I am glad to see some interest in discussing the Revelations Tarot.

Can one of you teach me to post a picture of the card we are discussing? I would like to scan the cards both in the upright position and the reversed position, and then post them on the message board for those members that might not have the deck, but I cannot find a way to post the picture throught the "Image" link, I'm sure there must be a way. Please let me know how if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Carolyn

~
A former member
Post #: 98
When you copy the image to your computer, or if it is online, right click on the image. Click properties. Highlight the address and URL. (if URL applies) Then copy. Come to meet up and type what you need come time to insert picture click the image button on top and paste your address and URL. It will show up as just an address on this screen, but when it posts to our board, the image should appear. That is how I do it. Hope this works.
A former member
Post #: 133
Carolyn,

I'm not sure since I've never posted a picture in the message board area (only my photo and the group photo that are uploaded to the MeetUp site), but the images may have to be placed onto a website so that you have an image link on the internet. In fact, when I click the images button, the only option I have is for an internet source.

I know that I've learned from friends of mine who do all the techie work at Tarot for Life, that sometimes you can run into copyright problems if you scan and post entire decks. Some of the artists do not want their images used. It also depends upon the deal with the publishing companies, too. Greyhound writes for permission to post even just a few cards from a deck on the deck review section of Tarot for Life.

I've also learned from being involved in msn online groups and taking a PSP class at Virtual University, that if you find an entire deck online (either at tarot.com or the artist's website, for instance) that if you link to that image to put the picture in another site, that is called bandwidth theft. shock Not even all website hosting services will even let you link back to your own website to post siggies to message boards. I had to make sure that the hosting service I chose for the signature classes allowed that.

Now I do know that the do post images over at the Tarot for Life message boards, so I will check with Greyhound and Web Weaver to see what they know about it.

I'm certainly no copyright expert, but it's something I've had to become a little more aware of because of being a teacher and doing the PSP signatures.

Jimilyn
A former member
Post #: 11
If you want, I got a scanner over here, and could scan the images and upload em.
Ferol H.
FerolHumphrey
Group Organizer
Forest Hills, NY
Post #: 256
Jimilyn,

let's discuss under private cover, the issue of my posting the Mary-El tarot on the Talking Tarot Decks thread. I don't want to be engaging in bandwidth theft. Or to irritate Marie White, the author of Mary-El. If I need to write her, I will. Or let's talk on the phone, perhaps, before you get tied up again, with school.

Do you think this is okay, or I should go conservatively as Greyhound does, with the Mary-El stuff. Let's talk. Mindy Sommers is okay with our posting her DIC images, since she sent them, but we need to dialogue some on the topic. I don't want to engage in internet discourtesy or outright wrongdoing, through ignorance. Tarot Meetup needs to be Dress Right Dress.
A former member
Post #: 46
QuiteWarlock, that was a very nice offer and if we can figure out if it is ok for us to post pictures I will sure take you up on that offer. I guess until we know for sure we can still talk about the cards with those who have the deck, but I was hoping to allow anyone to be a part of the conversation. I will see if I can find a way to reach Zach Wong and ask if we could discuss a card then remove the image when we start a new card discussion. I can see why an author might not want the entire deck up on the net for easy printing. Maybe you can help me search for a way to reach Zach. Thanks.

Carolyn
A former member
Post #: 47
Seven of Cups

The Double images on each card is what I find most interesting with the Revelations Deck. I pulled a card at random to start this thread and it was the 7 of Cups. Funny, I had been attracted to this card earlier.

The card has a merman and mermaid at the center. The merman is blue & has his back turned toward us. His head is bald & he has pointed ears. His arms are outstretched and there are 4 cups (all different in design) floating around him and there is a mist, fog or as Zach describes in the book “Shadows and ghosts rising out of the cups beckon him and draws him in all directions”.

In the reverse position there is a mermaid with long flowing hair, golden in color facing us. Her arms are also outstretched and she is holding a string of beads or pearls. Her cups (3) are full of gold coins and jewels. The background depicts the ocean and has two fish swimming in different directions around the merman & mermaid. Zach has these sayings in his book and the upright position he has: All that glitters in not gold, and nothing is as it seems. Illusions play with the heart. Reversed: She takes hold of dreams and breaks free to make more of it.
I like this card and I think it tells a very clear story. I wonder what the fish represents and also the pointed ears of the merman? Could he represent a magical elf?

Ferol or anyone that has studied methodology, do you have any thoughts on the fish and ears?

I don’t know that the female energy is any better than male energy at “making their dreams come true”. I think most men, in the past, may have had a better opportunity to make things happen especially in the business world. This is the only thing that might throw me off in reading this card without the book.

Any thoughts out there? I also am open to any ideas on how the discussion should be presented.

Thanks.

Carolyn
A former member
Post #: 12
You can reach Zack at: zachlost@iname.com

Although, there should be no harm, as he's got all the images on his site.
A former member
Post #: 50
QuiteWarlock, how did you find that? I looked and looked today and did not find a thing. I am impressed. I will write to him tomorrow. I still have company coming out of evey corner of the house. How do you feel about the 7 of cups card?

Carolyn
A former member
Post #: 51
TheQuiteWarlock, if he has them on his site then he should not care if we use them. What is is Website?

Carolyn