This event was canceled
POSTPONED: Due to the continuing threat of COVID-19 and also in response to the Luzon-wide Enhanced Community Quarantine imposed by the government, we are postponing the Speaker Workshop until further notice. The WPUGPH x Toastmasters team will discuss if we can do this as a virtual event or if it should be held at a later date after recovery from this pandemic. An announcement will be made in due time. During these difficult times, let us hope and pray for each and everyone to be safe, healthy, and away from harm.
This workshop is for people who are thinking about speaking in future WordPress and other tech events. The event is not exclusive to WordPress and people from the tech community are also invited to come.
WordPress User Group PH has teamed up with Toastmasters International to offer a special workshop in public speaking. This will be a hands-on session where we will tackle the following:
* Understanding the fear of public speaking
* Understanding the audience and their expectations
* Understanding the topic and making content relevant
* Organization and delivery of presentation/talk
Also included are short talks about:
* Finding a tech topic for a talk
* Writing a pitch for your talk
* Experiences from a tech speaker
* Creating great slides
* Fighting impostor syndrome
Mr. Jaime G. Bargan, Jr. will be facilitating this workshop. He is an advanced Advanced Communicator (Bronze, Silver & White) from Toastmasters. A certified Professional Scrum Master from Accenture with over 8 years of experience in end-to-end project management (Waterfall and Agile). He is also a business storytelling facilitator. Among his achievements are, 1st Round Qualifier, 2017 Ideaspace 5th Startup Competition; 1st Runner-up, 2016 Division M Toastmasters International Speech Contest; Top 10 Winner, 2015 Southeast Asia Mobile App Challenge.
** You don't need any experience in public speaking to attend. This workshop is for all levels of experience. **
This workshop is for you if:
* You haven’t seen enough people like you speaking at tech events.
* You’ve thought about speaking at a Meetup, WordCamp or other tech events.
* You are a tech veteran but can't think of anything worth speaking about.
Passion to share. No speaking experience required.
This event is FREE for everyone but we are keeping the group size small to be manageable. Kindly answer the RSVP question so we can verify your intent in participating, and remember that we take your responses seriously :)