Boost Self-Esteem & Self-Acceptance
Do you think highly of yourself? If not, now is the time to raise your self-esteem and self-worth. It has been said that if you treat yourself well, the world will treat you even better. Remember, you are a beautiful person in your own unique way. And you are valuable, worthy and lovable.
Boost Your Self-Esteem with Meditation - Oprah.com
Feeling Insecure? How to Get a Self-Esteem Boost
Have you ever been to a party and 10 people tell you how good you look, but one friend says, "You look weird," and all you can think about is that one comment? If lack of self-esteem has got you down, find out how meditation can transform your negative fixation and help you find the inner confidence you've had all along.
Read more: http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Boost-Your-Self-Esteem-with-Meditation (http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Boost-Your-Self-Esteem-with-Meditation/)
What Is Self-Esteem?
It is how much you value yourself and how important you think you are. It is not about thinking you’re perfect – because nobody is – but knowing that you are worthy of being loved and accepted.
Your self-esteem is the way you look at or perceive yourself. If you have healthy self-esteem, it means that you like yourself and you believe that you are just as cool as everyone else. If you have low self-esteem, it means that you believe that you’re inferior to others. People who have low self-esteem tend to focus on what they believe are their shortcomings, and sometimes blow those flaws out of proportion. They might ignore their strengths and achievements.
Do you know?
1. Low self-esteem is the root of many or all problems but for sure affects all areas of life. Know that healing is possible.
2. Low self-esteem is actually a thinking distortion in which an individual views himself as inadequate, unworthy, unlovable, and/or incompetent. Once formed, this negative view of self permeates every thought, producing faulty assumptions and ongoing self-defeating behavior.
3. Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself.
4. High self esteem has been directly linked with success !!!
5. Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who holds a low opinion of himself.
6. It is estimated that about 45% of Western men are unhappy with their bodies -- 25 years ago, only 15% were unhappy with their bodies.
Our 11 Favorite Self-Esteem Quotes
1. "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."
-- Roderick Thorp
2. "Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life, but define yourself."
-- Harvey Fierstein
3. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
-- Siddhārtha Gautama
4. "The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself."
-- Mark Twain
5. "Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?"
-- Brigham Young
6. "You're always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company."
-- Diane Von Furstenberg
7. "You almost have to step outside yourself and look at you as if you were someone else you really care about and really want to protect. Would you let someone take advantage of that person? Would you let someone use that person you really care about? Or would you speak up for them? If it was someone else you care about, you'd say something. I know you would. Okay, now put yourself back in that body. That person is you. Stand up and tell 'em, "Enough!"
-- Queen Latifah
8. "Stop trying to "fix" yourself; you're NOT broken! You are perfectly imperfect and powerful beyond measure."
-- Steve Maraboli
9. "A diamond doesn't start out polished and shining. It once was nothing special, but with enough pressure and time, becomes spectacular. I'm that diamond."
-- Solange Nicole
10. "It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!"
-- Robert T. Kiosaki
11. "The first step toward being loved is learning to love what you see when you look in the mirror."
-- Tadahiko Nagao
Self-Esteem: A Proven Program of Cognitive Techniques for Assessing, Improving, and Maintaining Your Self-Esteem
by Matthew McKay & Patrick Fanning
If you wish to attend, put yourself on the waiting list and I’ll choose the right people for this event. If you are not chosen for this event, be patient, my plan is to have similar healing events again.
1. Able to share emotions and some details with the group.
2. Comfortable with somebody Tapping you.
3. To get familiar with 'Faster EFT' (http://www.meetup.com/Meditation-Toronto/pages/FasterEFT_Technique/) and practice doing it.
4. To get familiar with 'Instructions for new mediators' (http://www.meetup.com/Meditation-Toronto/pages/Instructions_for_new_mediators:/) and watch videos.
5. You will need to send me an 'Email' with a list of 5 Traumatic memories related to your low Self-Esteem if you have them.
6. After event you have to post an event and group review.
Note: I know when you write this list it will stir up emotions and hurts but remember: it is within you and you want it cleared and healed. Just realize this is all about you so go slow, take breaks.
Guided Meditation, EFT & maybe Regression.
Thanks, and Happy Meditating!
Dan Jankovich, Organizer