This is one of the most interesting events of the year in Berne.
See http://www.museumsnacht-bern.ch for full details - 40 places are opening their doors, with exhibitions, shows, dance and music, and lots of food.
You should pick up the programme - it is a little black booklet, available from many places around Berne. Cost 25.- including free bus.
You can make your own plans and go where you like - but I will suggesrt a few places and times to meet up for instance for a snack.
I had a browse through the programme online (it's the quickest way to review it) and these are the places which I thought I might visit:
- the terracotta army at the Historical Museum
- flamenco Jazz at the Botanical Gardens
w- orkshops at the design school www.sfgb-b.ch
- lots of interesting shows at the HKB
- activists and music from Arabic countries at the Käfigturm
- raclette and grill outside the Kunsthalle in Helvetiaplatz
- lots of interesting shows including tapdance at the Art museum
- film tricks at www.lichtspiel.ch
- crepes, beauty, and Huck Finn at the Museum for Communication
- chili and lots to see at the Natural History Museum
- panorama of Berne comparing 1894 and 2011 from Stadtarchiv Bern
- from Japonismus to Zen tour, and karaoke at the Paul Klee Center
- Life at www.museumsnacht-bern.ch/mn-museen/beratungsstelle-f-unfallverhuetung/
- Ballenberg on the Bundesplatz
- African music at the Heiliggeist church
- Star history at the Hotel Bellevue - is that a contrast?
- Exploring the Rathaus sewers