This is a group for photographers interested in extending their abilities with their camera.
The group mainly focuses on topics related to photographic lighting: how light behaves, how it can be used and how it can be manipulated.
I run occasional photography walks, workshops and presentations to cover a variety of topics. All sessions are run by me, David Gilliver.
I'm currently running these walks/workshops on a recurring basis in the Melbourne CBD:
• available light portraits - after dark! (2.5 hours, starts at sunset)
• daylight portraits by available light (2 hours, daytime)
• flash lighting i: introduction to flash using speedlights (2.5 hours, late afternoon or after dark)
• flash lighting ii: introduction to using off-camera flash (3 hours, daytime)
• flash lighting iii: beyond the basics (2 hours, daytime)
• twilight/night photo walk (2 hours, evening, locations vary)
• photographing fireworks - free session (1 hour, evening, locations vary)
If you would like to see one of those activities scheduled on a particular day that suits you, just contact me and I'll see what I can do.
Please note that the 3 flash sessions are designed to build upon each other. I recommend doing them in the sequence listed above.
You can also find me on Facebook.
Some group members have said:
"Went to the Introduction To Flash Lighting and thought it was one of the best meet up/photo tutorials I have been to. David knew his stuff and I went away more confident in how to use my speedlite and to build on what I had learned." - Mark (August 2014)
"Absolutely sensational. David is a very patient teacher and takes the time to ensure you understand everything before moving onto the next topic. Big Thumbs Up !" - Margaret (July 2014)
"Great night. Hands on exercises putting theory into practice - Well thought out. Thanks David." - Harry (May 2014)
"Some challenging concepts, which is what it is all about.....pushing the envelope and moving outside of your comfort zone. " - Perry (November 2014)
You can find more comments on the group review page or in some of the past meetup sessions I've run.
If you're curious about me, you can see some of my work on my website, on flickr, on instagram or you can follow me on Facebook. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
david gilliver / 0402-323-739 / firstname.lastname@example.org / photos.gilliver.net