i think its a great idea! what ever ud like to make i am female 35 i live in geelong and looking for something that i could attend.
From: [address removed]
To: [address removed]
Subject: [Melbourne-Alternative-Crafters] 2010 - the year of the AltCrafter..
Date: Tue, 29 Dec[masked]:50:24 -0500
So.. new year, new plans, I say!!
This group? Is what you make it. We can do whatever we like, whenever we like, wherever we like..
but what is it that we'd like to do?
Here's some ideas I have, let me know..
- Getting together to make stuff - small basket-size projects in an afternoon in a park, for instance.
- Sharing our skills - we take it in turns to show the others something we can do..
Longer term plans:
- Working together to get a space where we can do activities together (I am thinking about a room with lots of power points and big cutting tables, accessible by public transport, where we can get together to make stuff..
- Perhaps in conjunction with this - a space where we can show our work - a shop or gallery?
I recently finished my contract where I was working and I'm looking for something new to do. I've been doing a lot of soul searching and instead of just going into another job I am going to work at building my own business.. of course it will be in the weird and wonderful world of altcraft..
some of the stuff I want to do in the next year..
- I want to use my marketing background to help artists n crafters be more successful. I know heaps of really talented people who aren't getting the recognition they deserve and could use a hand with the marketing side of things. For example, I could help an artist set up their twitter account, or etsy store, a mailing list and website..
- I'm keen to get back into running markets - perhaps this is something the group would be interested in - a Melbourne AltCrafters market..
So.. what do you think of my ideas? Have any to share?
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY
", your message will be sent to everyone
on this mailing list ([address removed]
This message was sent by Omega ([address removed]) from Melbourne Alternative Crafters
To learn more about Omega, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click hereMeetup Inc. PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]