addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Rifftrax (former MST3K dudes) live at Nashville in August!

Rifftrax (former MST3K dudes) live at Nashville in August!

Melissa V.
vcat3k
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
Three awesome comedians and movie riffers will be in Nashville, TN for a live show in August.
If you remember MST3K you know what of I speak. If not I probably sound like a madwoman. But a happy madwoman. Not only will Mike, Crow and Tom be there, they'll be Riffing Manos again! Manos!

RiffTrax Live: "Manos" The Hands of Fate will be broadcast live from The Belcourt Theatre in Nashville, TN on August 16th. Tickets to The Belcourt go on sale next Friday April 20th. Don't miss your chance to see the guys in person!
Can't make it to Nashville? No worries. The show will also be simulcast to select movie theatres nationwide. Tickets go on sale at a future date. Stay tuned for more info!

A former member
Post #: 57
Actually Melissa I love MST3K. I saw a simulcast of Rifftrax live of "Jack the Giant Killer" in Little Rock about a year ago. It was great!
William Y.
user 27851342
Byhalia, MS
Post #: 2
Love Mike and the gang. I would be interested in getting a group together to go. I have to think ti will sell out quickly.

BTW, Mike and the gang or Joel and the crew? Which do you guys prefer. Joel and his crew did Cinematic Titanic for a while.
A former member
Post #: 59
Joel is alright but I just never thought he was as funny as Mike. One of my friends told me that Joel acts like he is high on weed on the show. LOL Who knows? Maybe he was. However, some of the Joel episodes are classics.
Melissa V.
vcat3k
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
The Nashville Belcourt tickets sold out in a matter of hours. However, they are live broadcasting the movie and riffs to several theaters across the U.S. They won't be releasing a list of participating theaters for a few weeks yet. As soon as I hear anything I'll pass it on.
Melissa V.
vcat3k
Memphis, TN
Post #: 3
Warning - Information dump follows:
The family tree of MST3K has continued to grow. We have the original show up to season 10. The Cinematic Titanic group and Rifftrax, both of whom are still active. Cinematic Titanic concentrates on live shows while Rifftrax does more streaming and dvd sales of riffs . A separate species entirely, ‘Incognito Cinema Warriors’ produce some awesome stuff too.
As far as the TV show I’m equally fond of Mike and Joel episodes. Admittedly, it took them a couple of seasons to sharpen up the skits and riffing, but I’ll watch any of the episodes again and again. My favorite writing team is Rifftrax (Mike, Bill and Kevin). They have Twitter accounts so I get a good IV drip of sarcastic humor anywhere I can access the internet.
Melissa V.
vcat3k
Memphis, TN
Post #: 4
Manos Hands of Fate - List of participating theaters and ticket sales come out on June 8th.
A former member
Post #: 5
We have to do this, seriously. If we have a local theater that's putting it on, we have no excuse not to attend en masse!
A former member
Post #: 61
I found the "Jack The Giant Killer" DVD on the Rifftrax website. I got to have it!!! "You cannot fight these men with stone! Look around ye and seize the bone!" LMAO laughing
Melissa V.
vcat3k
Memphis, TN
Post #: 5
Excellent source of MST3k episodes burned to DVD, generally around 6.00 a pop.
http://www.cheesyflix...­
All episodes! Even those unavailable in commercial DVDs.
And the June 6th release date of rifftrax theaters crawls sloooowwlllyyy closer.