addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Go, Wei qi, Baduk Club Message Board › Go boards & stones

Go boards & stones

Jim S.
Jim_Story
Omaha, NE
I checked with both Xanadu books (which used to carry Go boards & stones) and Dach Imports, here in Memphis, but neither one had Go sets.
I'd check Yellow Mounta Imports (www.yellowmountainimports.com/c-48-g­o.aspx) and eBay, if you're looking to buy a set. I just checked and Yellow Mountain had a nice starter set for $39.

Jim

A former member
Post #: 1
I checked with both Xanadu books (which used to carry Go boards & stones) and Dach Imports, here in Memphis, but neither one had Go sets.
I'd check Yellow Mounta Imports (www.yellowmountainimports.com/c-48-g­o.aspx) and eBay, if you're looking to buy a set. I just checked and Yellow Mountain had a nice starter set for $39.

Jim

The cheapest stones I found are the YMI "indestructible anti-bacterial go stones" sold third party (do a shopping search on google). They come with plastic containers and cost about $13 with shipping when I got them.

Boards can be easily gotten from Home Depot. You pick out a piece of medium density fiberboard, plywood, or a veneer and they will cut it to size for you inhouse (18x18 inches usually yields a sufficient play surface size for 22 mm diameter or smaller stones).