addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Go, Wei qi, Baduk Club Message Board › Go websites

Go websites

A former member
Post #: 2
1st. If you'd like to find other players in your area, you can go to and register at Igolocal.net

2nd. The program "Igowin" is a good way to learn the basics of defending territory, and atari. I recommend being able to beat it up to 18k before signing up for the sites below.

3rd. If you'd like to play against other people there are several sites. Some are in different languages (TYGEM), but most aren't. I currently play as chonas on KGS, so if you ever register there look me up and I can help you get started. If you already know your way around, then maybe we can just play a game. You can also form a "club" on KGS as long as you have an external website/ AGA listing.

While playing online is no substitute for the real thing, it maybe the only way some of the people in this group can play often, so I recommend at least giving it a shot.

4. After playing a few games, you'll realize that in some situations there is a sequence of plays you should make to keep groups alive or dead. These situations have been broken into "problems" which are also called "Tsumego." There are several tsumego websites, the one I've used the most is gochild. It's interface is a little cumbersome, but the problems it presents are very good, and help learn concepts of life and death very well.

Thanks,
Adam
Jim S.
Jim_Story
Omaha, NE
Post #: 23
Thanks, Adam. I'm already on KGS and IgoLocal. I'll check out the others, too. Jim