addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Memphis Outdoor Adventures Message Board The Memphis Hiking Meetup Discussion Forum › I Need New Hiking Boots

I Need New Hiking Boots

Sheila D.
user 3512735
Memphis, TN
Post #: 4
My hiking sneakers are just about on their last leg. I would like to purchase a good pair of hiking boots with ankle support. Something that could be used for moderate dayhikes. I wold prefer to go into a store rather than purchase on line because I want a good fit. Any suggestions on where I can purchase a reasonably priced pair in either Memphis, Arkansas or MS?
A former member
Post #: 3
Outdoors, Inc is the only place I know of where they're really help fit you, but they have fairly limited selection. Dick's has lower quality and Very Limited selection, and useless staff members.

I'm interested in anyone's answers to this as well. I have a pair that's too heavy and a pair of sneakers that work for short trips, but they're just TOO light, I think. So I'm looking for a super lightweight trail sneaker with a generously wide toe box and decent side/side support for multi-day hiking with a pack.
Matt
user 56856532
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
Try Bass Pro Shops. They have a pretty good selection.
In Southaven you can visit Sportsman's Warehouse.

For year round hiking you may want a water proof boot.
If you are looking for extra support, an all leather boot is good. (Generally for longer hikes)

Expect to pay between $40 and $70 for a standard pair.
Joanna A.
JoannaA
Pensacola, FL
Post #: 1
If you don't mind a drive, I would suggest REI in Nashville - I had a great experience buying a pair of hiking boots at an REI in Oregon.
Or, maybe Gander Mountain in Jackson.