What we're about
Men in the Mirror are two men's groups (New Westminster & Vancouver) that meet weekly for deep-felt conversation.
Speak openly, with ease, and lidless with men who you can really trust and count on.
• Talk fearlessly about defeat, meaning, rage, ...
• Always know what the others feel
• Disillusionments ― tremendously strong and joyful
The well-tuned connections [ deep friendship ] within men's groups are the result of hard work. Up and down through stages of feelings of omnipotence, doubt, guilt, loss, conflicts in relationships.
Expect the group to be receptive to your reason and passion. We have comfortable dialogues about what matters most. Weekly meetings to quest our unsoiled sentiments.
Has it been a while since you felt truly valued somewhere?
Do you even know what you are entitled to in life?
Men in the Mirror groups are brotherly environments to cultivate the male soul; for when you are stuck in pain and a place of isolation.
Our groups have no set topics, we just come together to talk about whatever is on our minds. We discuss how to deal with things, what we see as virtuous, what we consider right action. There is room to speak about what we feel ashamed of, feel confused about, or are afraid of.
But it is not all downhearted. We can cheer someone's accomplishments or honour someone's fortitude. The mature man: only be, what you only are, what you always would.
SO: if you care to talk to others and investigate how to live life the right way, then drop by for tea and a talk. Join us for unvarnished conversation and exchanges of consolation.
Being reinless is strangely comforting.
Men in the Mirror.
~ ~ ~ ~
• There is a membership of $10 twice a year, payable in cash or by PayPal (https://paypal.me/meninthemirror/10), but you are welcome to check us out for a few times first.
• Although it is helpful when you RSVP, it is not essential.
• New applicants are welcome to request a conversation by phone if that would help them decide whether this group is for them. Either write the organizer (Kelly for New Westminster, or Tristan for Vancouver) via their meetup.com profile.
• You can expect a comfortable, confidential and judgment-free environment.
• Our group's principles resemble those as described in the book 'Handbook for Starting and Keeping! a Men's Group (http://mender.ca/felix/1996/)' by Felix Markevicius (http://mender.ca/wiki/Felix_Markevicius).
~ ~ ~ ~
To stay up-to-date about other events happening for men in metro Vancouver, check the Mender calendar (http://mender.ca/calendar/).
And for discussions about anything related to men's work, join the Vancouver Men's Network (https://www.facebook.com/groups/239176266414738/) Facebook group.