addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Poker Night (session 2)

  • Dec 7, 2012 · 7:00 PM
  • This location is shown only to members

 

The first session of our progressive poker nights was quite the success.  Between the players and the re-buys, we had a $300 pot, $75 of which will be applied to the grand tournament that will take place after our first 10 sessions.  I have to imagine that it will only get bigger from here on in.  Congratulations go out to Robin and Laura for being the 1st and 2nd place winners of the first session.

Here are the details for the event.

Warm up game will start at 7pm and the buy in will be $10 - you are permitted one re-buy if it's within the first hour.  Prizes will be awarded to the top 2 or 3 players, depending on how many there are.

The main event will begin at 9pm, or whenever the first game ends, whichever is later and the buy-in will be $20.  A player may re-buy as many times as they desire as long as it's within the first hour.

Here's the twist for the main event: Before prizes are divvied up, 25% will be taken off the top and placed into a master pot that will grow over the course of 10 sessions. The other 75% will be awarded to the top 3-4 players, depending on the number of entries.  Unless another event or holiday conflicts, these poker nights will be happening every 3 weeks or so.

After 10 sessions, all players that took either 1st or 2nd during any of the 10 weeks will automatically be entered into the final tournament with 50 extra chips added to their stack for each time they took 1st and/or 25 extra chips for each time they took 2nd.  If a player for some reason can't make the final event, they may give their spot to someone else, but the extra chips will be forfeit.  It will also be possible for other players to buy their way into the grand tournament, but the buy-in will be significantly higher (The total amount in the pot divided by the number of winning entrees).  If I had to venture a guess, it will be somewhere around $50+

During the 11th session, we will hold the grand event and the payouts will be 40%/30%/20%/10% to the top 4 players that night.  If we keep building at the rate we have so far, we'll likely have a grand tournament with a $1000, which means $400/300/200/100 to the winners.

 

Please BYOB and any snacks you may personally want, and possibly some extra cash for pizza if you're interested.  This isn't a typical party, but games and TV will be available for those that want to hang out after they get knocked out of the tournament

Join or login to comment.

13 went

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy