The holiday season is soon upon us and in no time networking events all across NYC will be in full swing. Learn how to make the most of professional gatherings at MetroNY Chapter of AWIS’ “Network like a Pro” workshop.
Pizza/wine will be served and we will also be having a book raffle!
Thomas Powner, Certified Career Management Coach and Communications Consultant, will provide provide valuable tips and practical tools for making lasting professional connections. Whether you’re looking for a job, are debating a career transition, or are seeking to further your current career by expanding your network, this event is for you!
The workshop will cover how to:
- Prepare an effective elevator pitch/branding statement
- Convey confidence in a room full of strangers
- Start a conversation
- Use networking events to make lasting connections
- The importance of having a Professional Networking Card
- Politely end a conversation and move on to the next person
- And most importantly: How to make networking fun!
For more information on the power of networking for landing a job, please see below article: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/new-survey-reveals-85-all-jobs-filled-via-networking-lou-adler
For more information on Thomas Powner, CPRW, CCMC, CEIP:
This event is FREE for MetroNY AWIS members and $20 for non-members. If you are an AWIS member, we just ask that you pay a $20 deposit online to reserve your spot, which will be refunded to you immediately after the event.
Not an AWIS member yet? Student's can join for only $20 a year! Please visit http://metronyawis.weebly.com/join.html to sign up.