150 Bay Street, suite 909, Jersey City, NJ
Build strength, find your up-to-the-moment center and prepare for labor! We’ll practice strengthening back/shoulder openers, gain/re-gain core and pelvic stability and find overall ease of movement and breath in a lighthearted, nurturing, soothing and loving environment. Gentle yet empowering so you can move with greater balance, comfort and stability. Class consists of group sharing/community, practical “take aways” for common pre/postnatal ailments and an hour of movement with breath work. When you take care of yourself, you take care of baby. Twice as nice to enjoy for both of you! Taught by Jessica Namit.
$22 One Week Unlimited - New Students Only
$90 5 Class Card
$170 10 Class Card
Purchase in the studio or on the website under Offerings/Class Pricing
• Improved awareness and sense of present helps embrace the many surprising changes from conception to motherhood.
• Expecting moms can bond with baby and other expecting or new moms, while enjoying some necessary personal time.
• Provides reprise from the changing demands of expecting or from adjusting to being a new mom.
• Minimizes typical aches or symptoms associated with pregnancy and the recovering postpartum body.
• Helps regain a sense of lost balance, promotes focus, stamina and overall well-being.
• Serves as a self-evaluation for progress of mom and baby.
• Relaxes the body and mind to prepare for the new motherhood challenges and to keep pace with the growth of the baby.
• Opens the chest cavity to facilitate a healthy pregnant posture and strengthens the back and shoulder muscles needed for safely holding baby without strain.
• Pranayam (breathing) increases lung capacity (deeper breathing / reduced breath shortness), encourages proper oxygen absorption to distribute to mom and baby.
• Asanas (postures) stimulates blood circulation while reducing nervous tension, swelling and stress.
• Mudras (hand gestures) help harmonize the body, breath and mind and connect with growing baby and one's inner self.
• Kegels and other toning exercises prepare the pelvic region and other birthing muscles for the duration and demands needed during labor and recovery.
• Bonus: All benefits that mom gets, baby gets, too!
*NO experience needed — all are welcome, including : those trying to conceive, those already pregnant or those at least 4 weeks postpartum (with doctor's approva