What we're about
• This group is for women over 40 who enjoy getting outdoors for soft adventures while enjoying fresh air. Activities include but are not limited to hiking, biking, kayaking, walking, boating, and nature photography. All skill levels are welcome. Our members range in age from the 40's to 70's! Our goal is to awaken or revisit the spirit of adventure, challenge, and optimism that is deep within every woman who loves the outdoors and nature. If you want to explore new activities and destinations while making new friends, this women's only group may be for you!
Most activities are held on Saturday mornings and last a few hours although we do have weekday and weeknight walks or hikes of an hour or so. An occasional weekend get away is planned for those who are more adventurous, however members must participate in at least two MOW group outings prior to joining us for any overnight trip.
Our members understand that our adventures are participatory and that our activities are not "guided tours". We don't "sit back and enjoy the ride", we "embrace the ride". We are each responsible for our own well being and safety while sharing/contributing to the group experience.
We know that LIFE IS SHORT and we just want to get outside and do something!
1) This is a "women's only" group and most activities and events are for female members only. We may occasionally include friends, men, older children (over 16), and our furry friends...and these special events will be clearly noted on the Meetup notice for that event.
2) As a member, you must post a recent recognizable photo of yourself as your main photo. Compliance with this rule is required for membership in this group.
3) There is a $5 per year cash or check contribution fee that is used primarily to pay for the admin fees of Meetup.com. The contribution must be paid within one week of requesting membership.
4) All members participate in all activities at their own risk and that Michiana Outdoors Women over 40 and our members assume no responsibility for other members, guests, or belongings.
5) You must have your emergency contact information on your person for all meetups. This can be on a small card inside a Ziploc bag or on your cell phone if you carry your phone on our adventures. If your emergency information is on your cell phone, you must have an app or other easily accessible route to the contact information on your phone
6) You must participate in at least one meetup activity every 60 days to remain active.
7) You must provide both your first name and your last initial/last name on your profile... no first names only.
8) All group activity times are listed as Eastern Time regardless of where the event may be held.
9) The core thread of this group is "women who enjoy outdoor activities". This group is not for you if you don't want to get outside, sweat, or deal with occasional less than perfect conditions from Mother Nature.
10) Disclaimer and Liability Release:
By joining this Meetup.com group, I acknowledge that I have read the rules and that I acknowledge and confirm that I understand and am aware that there are risks involved with any activity. I shall hold Outdoors Women over 40 harmless for any injury or negative consequences of my voluntary inclusion in any and all group events. I further acknowledge that I, and I alone, am responsible for my safety and welfare and that the Outdoors Women over 40 organizers and members are in no way responsible for the safety and well being of myself or my guests.