It's always fun to shoot some fireworks! Greenfield Village is putting on their annual Salute to America Fireworks July 3 through 6. The show starts each evening at dusk...approximately 10:00 PM. There is an admission fee ...See Pricing Details below... We'll meetup inside the gate at the fountain at 8:30 PM.
Members & Non-Members
ADVANCE MEMBER ADULT age 13 & up $19
ADVANCE MEMBER YOUTH age 5-12, $12
ADVANCE NON-MEMBER ADULT age 13 & up $22.50
ADVANCE NON-MEMBER YOUTH age 5-12, $14
DAY OF MEMBER ADULT $23
DAY OF MEMBER YOUTH $15
DAY OF NON-MEMBER ADULT $27
DAY OF NON-MEMBER YOUTH $17.50
CHILDREN 4 & under are free
Parking is $5 per vehicle.
A service fee of $2.50 will be applied to all Call Center sales. No service fees are applied to online orders.
Here are the settings I would suggest to you if I were standing next to you preparing to shoot the fireworks...
HOW TO SHOOT FIREWORKS:
• STANDARD DESIGN PRINCIPLES APPLY...THE BEST SHOTS HAVE AN INTERESTING FOREGROUND.
• USE A TRIPOD
• SHOOT IN MANUAL
• SET FOCUS TO INFINITY
• USE A REMOTE SHUTTER RELEASE OR SELF-TIMER FUNCTION
• SHOOT IN "BULB" MODE (Press the shutter button once to open the shutter, release the shutter button to close the shutter... THIS IS WHERE A REMOTE IS HANDY!)
• USE A LOW ISO (100 OR 200)
• START OUT WITH AN APERTURE SET TO F8
• START OUT BY SHOOTING INDIVIDUAL BURSTS AND THEN LEAVE SHUTTER OPEN FOR MULTIPLE BURSTS.
• CHECK YOUR VIEWFINDER FOR RESULTS
• TOO DARK? OPEN UP TO F5.6 ... TOO BRIGHT? STOP DOWN TO F11
• EXPERIMENT WITH WHITE BALANCE (TRY TUNGSTEN)
• EXPERIMENT IN THE DIGITAL DARKROOM WITH COMPOSITING IMAGES
• HAVE FUN! Be creative...and STAY SAFE! ~ Jack