addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Michigan Photo Adventures Message Board › MPA Photo Sharing Wed Evening...Thanks!

MPA Photo Sharing Wed Evening...Thanks!

JACK C.
JackChurch
Group Organizer
Livonia, MI
Hi! Thank you for participating in our initial MPA Photo Projection / Sharing Evening this past Wednesday! I was very pleased with the diversity and quality of the images we viewed. I would welcome any suggestions or ideas you may have regarding similar get togethers in the future. I am thinking we can do this every few months or so at Procam in Livonia and sprinkle in a few others throughout the year in other locations such as Ann Arbor and Sterling Heights. One idea that Amy shared with me was to have time set aside for "problem" shots...So we can discuss how to fix, solve or avoid any exposure, compositional, technical or situational difficulties that we may encounter in trying to get a particular shot. Another idea Thomas and I discussed was having a "featured" presenter who would have half an hour or so to present photos and discussion of a recent trip or photo session, a new field technique or even a new digital darkroom technique. I'd love to have YOUR feedback! Thanks again!
Jack

A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Jack,

I enjoyed the diversity of images presented as well. Many were thought provoking. Many gave me fresh ideas. And, to be honest, some helped me see shortcomings in my own efforts...room for growth.

Amy's suggestion is good...though I feel we 'did' do some amount of that as it was. Comments about where better burning, dodging, cropping, or artifact removal might have been done better. This one's a slippery slope. Spend too much time on a handful of images and we never get through them all.

Thomas has made a great suggestion as well. I think having a feature speaker, perhaps for 30 minutes, speaking to a common thread would be interesting. There were a number of pictures, such as the Bryce Canyon (?) family of shots, where I'd have enjoyed more of the back story.

My own specific suggestion for improvement: get the projection issues resolved. Previously I bit my tongue. However I have been to more than one MPA event now where simply getting the projector to work has been a major issue. We were :30 late starting...if we'd had a speaker on a schedule, we'd have either consumed their available time, or short-changed everyone else.
A former member
Post #: 15
Will the images be posted in the gallery?
JACK C.
JackChurch
Group Organizer
Livonia, MI
Post #: 24
Good suggestion, Mike! Anyone who participated may upload their shots to the gallery...I have copies of the photos folks emailed me prior to the event and can upload those IF I get permission to do so...