6:00pm - Doors Open, Food and Drinks, Networking
6:30pm - Tech Talk
Meetup is sponsored by Oracle. Topic: "Istio Mesh - Connect, Secure, Control, & Observe Microservices at Scale @ Oracle"
8:30pm - Wrap Up and Networking
* Speaker: Jesse Butler https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesse-butler-33449a2/
* Brief Bio: Cloud Native Advocate focused on Serverless, Container Orchestration and other technologies. Accomplished technology speaker with the most recent talk held at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2018 https://kccna18.sched.com/jessebutler
* Description: Microservices are the de facto standard architecture of cloud-native software. Whether creating new applications and services or migrating and refactoring on-prem monoliths, microservices are widely accepted as the best way to build and deploy software in the cloud.
Typically deployed in containers, microservices can be built and run using familiar tools such as Docker and can be scaled easily by leveraging Kubernetes. But as we deploy more software, and we go from dozens to hundreds or even thousands of containers, managing multiple versions and patching and rollback… things can get tricky.
This is where Istio comes in. It provides solutions within the realm of the service mesh, the part of the stack where services are exposed and work with (and sometimes against) each other. Without any changes to service or application code, Istio provides features to manage container deployments at scale.
In this session, we will discuss some of Istio’s rich features, including load balancing, traffic control, policy management, authentication, and authorization. Istio also makes it simple to roll out observability, logging and service graphing solutions.
* What to bring
There will be name check at the hosting facility, please make sure your name on the meetup profile matches your personal identification document.
* Important to know
• Istio Mesh Demo will be presented
• Meetup is hosted by Oracle at their state of the art facility.
• It's a great way to understand Istio approach to building Microservices Architecture.