6:00pm - Doors Open, Food and Drinks, Networking
6:30pm - Tech Talk
Meetup is sponsored by Oracle. Topic: "Practical Microservices with Kuberenetes & Linkerd Mesh - Beyond the Hype"
8:30pm - Wrap Up and Networking
* Speaker: Jesse Butler https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesse-butler-33449a2/ & Mickey Boxell https://www.linkedin.com/in/mickeyboxell/
* Jesse's Bio: Member of the Cloud Native Developer Advocacy group within the Oracle Cloud organization. He grew up in systems and OS development and spent several years working on Solaris at Sun Microsystems, later joining Oracle and moving to Linux development. Jesse is currently focused on the developer experience with cloud native technologies on Oracle Cloud. Accomplished technology speaker with the most recent talk held at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2018 https://kccna18.sched.com/jessebutler
* Mickey's Bio: Mickey Boxell is a Cloud Developer Advocate on the Cloud Native Labs team at Oracle. He is focused on building cloud-native/container-native solutions to bridge the gap between open source communities and the core Oracle Cloud Infrastructure services. This includes solution tutorials, sample code, technical blog posts all related to the Kubernetes platform.
* Description: In this session, we will go beyond the hype of service meshes and look at some real world use cases with Linkerd, a popular open source service mesh project. The lab will consist of installing Linkerd along with a demo application onto a Kubernetes cluster. Next, we will use traffic splitting to incrementally direct traffic in a blue/green rollout. Finally, we will then use the built-in observability tools to debug an application error.
Who this workshop is for:
Tech enthusiasts and developers are encouraged to join—basic development experience required.
* What you will learn:
You will learn the basics of service meshes and how they can be used to handle service-to-service communication.
* What to bring:
Your laptop and charger. There will be name check at the hosting facility, please make sure your name on the meetup profile matches your personal identification document.
* Important to know:
• Meetup is hosted by Oracle at their state of the art facility.
• It's a great way to understand approach to building Microservices Architecture
• Lab Experience and building something new