addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SD Microsoft Excel Refresher Meetup Group Message Board › New challenge for our next Meetup.

New challenge for our next Meetup.

Steven B.
Excel-Guru
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
Hi there gang, I have an Excel challenge for us. I have a big file that needs to be converted from a Word document into an Excel database. I started putting everything into a database, but it's proven to be very tedious. You will see the first few companies in the database are listed out as they should be. For example: An organization having 2 contacts will have 2 rows with all the appropriate data filled in. (Phone, email, address etc.) while an organization with 10 contacts will have 10 rows and so on and so on.

The remaining companies (starting at row 130 with America Rivers company) should have their info all in the correct columns, but scattered in multiple rows, thus making the database much larger than it needs to be.

The challenge here is how to get all the data for one company into as few rows (based on the number of contacts) as neatly as possible into as few rows as possible (Just like the company's are listed out in rows 1-129). Message me back with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the original Word doc as well as the Excel file I started to create. Feel free to start your own file if you have a better idea on how to tackle this task from scratch. Please let me know of any questions that you may have, thanks gang! 619-203-7502