Team Structure: Co-ed 3-4 players (at least one female required at all times).
Schedule: Saturday, July 12, 2014, 2:00 PM until it's over.
Deadline: Submit teams by Thursday, July 10.
Match Format: Best of 3 games to 21 (third game only if needed), rally scoring, must win by 2 points and serve to win.
Official Rules and Scoring: American Wallyball Association (AWA), www.wallyball.com. Disputes will be decided by team captains. If there is a disagreement, then a replay will be called. The team captains are responsible to complete and submit a signed score sheet at the end of the match.
Tournament: Double elimination format.
BASIC WALLYBALL RULES:
1. Service area is three feet from each end of the court.
2. Must win by 2 points, and serve to win.
3. Time outs called by captains only at end of point played.
4. Limit: two time outs, 30 seconds each per game.
5. Four substitutions per game allowed.
6. Coin toss will determine first service or choice of court side. Second game service is to other team. Third game "if needed" service is back to the first team.
Player 4 (optional)
ALL teams--and individual players interested in joining a team--post your names below!
The court is in the Club House of a private condo community. Guest parking is at the back of the complex and any parking space with "PRIVATE OWNER" painted on the curb is OFF LIMITS. The space should be unmarked or marked visitor, but again, if you're at the back near the wall, you should be okay. Please message Jonathan or Bob if you need the gate code.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: This is a competitive wallyball tournament with numerous intermediate and advanced players. You should expect a tempo and intensity level well above recreational play. The ball will be hit hard, and fouls will be called. By participating you absolve Mike's Big Deck, Wallyball Network, Lexington Place Condominium, the organizers, and all other players of liability for any adverse consequences. Also, you must be 16 years of age to play.