We have an exciting opportunity taking place at Spruce Mountain Trail just South of Larkspur, Colorado. We'll be walking about 5-6 miles (3-4 hours) with plenty of breaks.
The trip will be faciliated by Dr. Audrey Boxwell; psychotheraptist, Chaplain and creator of PsycheHike®.
"Going around in circles can be a metaphor for life—when we ignore our soul’s journey and purpose - our true north - we tend to repeat negative cycles involving our relationships, our jobs and our health. Join us as we set new intentions, reroute our GPS, and break out of the circular “holding pattern” that can slowly creep up and control our lives—up til now! It’s time to Spring into Action! I (along with Jonathon) will assist participants in gaining clarity and developing a new road map for the coming year. Water bottles, snacks and journals/pens will be provided."
Terrain: Trail will involve gradual climbing / hiking on gravel / dirt surfaces. Please come prepared with good & sturdy shoes (pref hiking shoes / boots).
Cost: $30 (Included: trip/program facilitation, water bottles, journals/pens, snacks and printed materials included) - Lunch will not be included, so please plan to eat before you arrive.
Payment: Please use the credit / debit card feature of this page - OR - if you would prefer to pay by check to hold your spot you may send a check directly to Walk2Connect. Please email Jonathon at [masked] for this option.
- Mileage: 5-6
- **NEW LIABILITY WAIVER: Visit the 'Files' section of the Walk2Connect page (located in the 'more' section) to download the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form if you haven't already. Please read, print and sign the Walk2Connect Liability Waiver form and bring it to the walk. - Thank you!
- Difficulty: Average / there will be inclines & declines on hiking trails. (NOTE: All of these walks are advanced based on their length. If you have concerns about your ability, please feel free to contact me at email address below!)
- Schedule: We will meet at 1:00PM at the Spruce Mountain Trailhead. It's just South of the address listed for our meeting location when mapping on Google. We'll talk through Walk2Connect & PsycheHike goals and will dive into Audrey's program promptly at 1:15PM. We should arrive back to our cars by 5pm or just before. Please consider carpooling - you can organize a lift using the comment feature of this meetup page or by email Jonathon directly.
- Weather: This is the Spring season, so please come prepared with plenty of layers (and waterproof gear if we're lucky to be walking in rain!)
- Please plan to have someone available to pick you up if you don't think you can go the whole way; however, you will be surprised at what your body can do!
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Scarf, gloves, head cap, hand warmers
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Enough layers for colder weather (...and for rolling in the snow of course) / pref NON cotton layers.
- Bring light rain gear just in case
Contact me at: [masked] if you have any questions!