Walk2Connect hosts A FREE 90 MINUTE, SUNSET WALK IN CITY PARK, every MONDAY, leaving from BOGEY'S ON THE PARK, AT 26TH AVE AND YORK STREET, DENVER 80205 at 6:00PM - 7:30PM. JOIN US AT THE END OF THE WALK FOR OPTIONAL "HAPPY HOUR" WITH CASH BAR AND REASONABLY PRICED MENU. City Park Friends and Neighbors (CPFAN.org) members are always welcome!
This will be an easy, relaxed 90 MINUTE loop THROUGH CITY PARK. These trips will have no set program. There are usually two groups that develop, a more relaxed pace and a quicker pace. We meet up at the half way point and again at the end of the walk. You are free to return to the start at any time. Just let us know!! This walk exists to provide a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience to END your day. This is also a great way to meet other 'daily' walking friends nearby.
We're hoping to host more and more FREE walking trips like this for many neighborhoods throughout Denver and Colorado. Please get in touch with us if you are interested in leading one in your hood ([masked]).
- Mileage: 2-3
- **LIABILITY WAIVER: Please print, sign, and turn in the Walk2Connect Welcome Waiver (http://www.walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver)to your trip host. If you do not have a printer, your host will have extra waiver for you to fill out.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Terrain: (Urban/PARK) Sidewalks,street AND DIRT TRAILS.
- Schedule & Meeting Location: We will meet at 6:00PM AT THE NORTH ENTRANCE TO BOGEYS ON THE PARK , FACING 26TH AVE, and we'll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you NEED TO USE THE REST ROOM, PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY as we will leave NO LATER than 6:05PM. We should be done walking no later than 7:30PM. You can of course leave early if you need to!
- Parking: There will be plenty of parking IN THE LOT AND IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
- Cost: FREE!
- Dog Friendly! We will be doing a loop going back to our starting location. (Please be sure you are confident he/she can handle 2-3 miles and cooler temps when walking in Fall and Winter)
- Weather: Please come prepared with enough layers and waterproof gear in case we run into cooL weather or rain.
- Breaks, Restrooms: THERE ARE REST ROOMS AT BOGEY'S ON THE PARK AND PORT-A-POTTIES IN THE PARK.
- Walk2Connect is now a full-time business and we're excited about ALL of our walking opportunities. Please sign-up for our emails (http://eepurl.com/h6dus) and check back to our trip schedule on our main website (http://www.walk2connect.com) for other walking trips on the calendar. You can also follow us on Facebook here. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walk2Connect/244053552274279)
- Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
- Light backpack w/WATER and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
- Gloves, scarf, beanie
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
- Bring many (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear, just in case. I would avoid big/bulky winter coats as you will warm up once we walk and its way easier to shed/store light clothing.
These walks are very informal and give us all unique opportunities to connect with one another, ourselves and our surroundings.
WALK WILL BE CALLED OFF IF LIGHTENING IS IN THE AREA.
BRIDGET WALSH & LOUIS PLACHOWSKI
Feel free to contact US at if you have any questions: [masked]