16002 Smith Rd, Aurora, CO
TYPE: STSP bi-Weekly |PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: dirt trail, some road |DISTANCE: Approx. 5 mi |
Walk Description: I am so excited to share this walk with you! We start at Star K Ranch and head east for a beautiful loop on the Highline Canal and Sand Creek
Walking Movement Leader: Hi, I am Robbin Mitchell. I really started walking about 3 years ago after being injured and laid up for 4years. I have found my joy for nature and nurture walking with other people.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We meet at the Morison Nature Center at Star K Ranch. We will leave no later than 9 :10 and return no later than 11:00.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the beginning before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
-We will take a break about half way with a porto pottie.
-We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
-Please bring plenty water and a snack.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emailshere
2. Keep checking our main event calendarhere
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH