TYPE: STSP Monthly |PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: sidewalk, gravel paths, broken sidewalks, road |DISTANCE: Approx 3-4 miles
Walk Description: Join us on the first Thursday of every month to walk the streets of North Lowry and East Colfax. On the way we’ll connect with a local non-profit, Street Fraternity. Street Fraternity is a one of a kind organization creating a place of brotherhood and personal growth for urban young men. We will start each walk at Regal Cafe near 12th and Syracuse, move East through parts of the North Lowry/East Colfax neighborhoods. We will stop at Street Frat and do a brief walk through and welcome from staff and volunteers. We will be entering as they get ready for dinner, so it will be quick. The young men are invited and encouraged to join the walk if they want to on the way back. We will then continue South to/through Verbena Park to then finish back at Regal Cafe.
Please join us to learn more about this important organization, to connect with good people, and to get some fresh air.
Walking Movement Leaders: Jonathon Stalls, Walk2Connect Founder and W2C Coop Member-Owner | Dustin Ratcliff, W2C Coop Member-Owner and Street Fraternity Volunteer | Scott Thompson, Street Fraternity Volunteer
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet just before 5:00 pm at Regal Cafe in between 11th & 12th on Syracuse. You can park in the nearby streets or in the parking lot. The 10, 73 and the Colfax 15 and 15L are the nearest bus stops. We will leave from Regal Cafe NO later than 5:05 pm. We should finish NO later than 6:35 pm. We will do a quick walk through of Street Fraternity mid-way through the walk. Please plan to arrive at the cafe early to use the restroom and pick-up a treat or drink before 5:00 pm.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Street Fraternity and at Regal Cafe. Please plan to use the restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You can register for this walk by using the ticket feature on our main website event page, through this meetup, or by contacting one of the hosts.
In partnership with Regal Cafe & Bakery and Street Fraternity
Get More Involved with the Walk2Connect Cooperative!
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH