Join us near the heart of Evergreen at Alderfer Ranch for a weekly walk to connect in community and within the silence of our own hearts. This walk will include times of silence.
About EPIC Life Walks: Say YES to the unspoken invitation to Expand, Play, Intend, and Create in our vast and beautiful world. EPIC Life Walks are themed walks that will focus on expansive, playful, intentional, and creative ways to connect with each other, our selves, and our environment. This weekly walk will focus on walking heart-to-heart in community and will include times of silence.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: Meet at 8:30 am at the Alderfer Ranch parking lot in Evergreen. Plan to arrive early to use restroom (at parking lot). We should be back no later than 9:30 am.
Directions: From I-70, take exit 252 to Evergreen. Stay on Evergreen Parkway past Evergreen Lake. Bear south (right) past the lake onto County Highway 73. Turn west (right) on Buffalo Park Road from County Highway 73, just south of downtown Evergreen, and travel approximately 1.5 miles to the Alderfer Ranch Parking Lot (drive past the Three Sisters lot and past the yellow house and barn to the parking lot by the big meadow). Call me at[masked] if you can’t find it!
More about the area: Once a working ranch for cattle, horses and foxes, Alderfer/Three Sisters is now a park that offers a variety of experiences, from hikes across rolling terrain to challenging rides to the top of Evergreen Mountain.
Walking Movement Leader: Walking Movement Leader, Maria Rosa Galter is a committed hiker and lover of the outdoors who believes we uncover our purpose by connecting with our selves, each other, and our shared earth. Together, we can build a compassionate global community in which we live in connection with each other and with the universe both inside and outside ourselves. Maria has worked for the past 10 year in international development and sees walking together as a way to build global community. Maria is currently in the Benet Hill Benedictine Spiritual Formation Program.
– Dogs are welcome on this one. Please keep them on a leash.
– Accessibility: This is a dirt trail on rolling and at times steeper terrain with 200 ft of elevation gain over 3 miles. It is not wheelchair accessible.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outer ware for weather conditions, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the trailhead before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by RSVP’ing by going to our Mile High Ramblers Meetup group linked here, or by emailing or calling Maria Rosa Galter at mariarosagalter (at) gmail.com,[masked]-2837.
Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails
Keep checking our main event calendar
Follow us on Facebook
Become a Life@3MPH Champion
Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH