Walk Description: Join us on the fourth Tuesday of every month to walk the streets of North Lowry and East Colfax and connect with a local non-profit, Street Fraternity. Street Fraternity is a one of a kind organization creating a place of brotherhood and personal growth for urban young men. Check out this video here to learn more. We will start each walk at Street Fraternity (8720 E. Colfax Ave. Denver, CO 80220). We will take a tour and connect with some of the young men at Street Frat, as well as staff and volunteers. The young men are invited and encouraged to join the walk if they want to so we can learn more about them and their stories. We will make a loop in the East Colfax neighborhood, stopping at New Freedom Park and Verbena Park, and eventually ending back at Street Fraternity.
Please join us to learn more about this important organization, to connect with good people, and to get some fresh air.
Walking Movement Leaders: Jonathon Stalls, Walk2Connect Founder and W2C Coop Member-Owner | Dustin Ratcliff, W2C Coop Member-Owner and Street Fraternity Volunteer | Maria Rosa Galter, W2C Coop Member-Owner and Street Fraternity Volunteer
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet just before 5:30 pm at Street Fraternity which is on Colfax and Xanthia (On the South side of Colfax). There parking lot and the entrance to Street Fraternity is in the rear of the Disabled American Veterans Building. It will say DAV on the building. The Colfax 15 and 15L are the nearest bus stops. We will leave from Street Frat no later than 5:40 pm and should finish NO later than 7:00 pm. There is a restroom at Street Frat.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Street Fraternity. Please plan to use the restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver”(http://www.walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver/) or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.