This is a chance to experience "Unsupported" cycling touring.
This is a nice easy, ride, consisting of packing your bikes with tent, sleeping bag, and smart camping gear. We leave Millet, and ride to a private campground located in a wooded five acre secluded spot in the country. Setup camp, and enjoy a quiet weekend. The campground has a very clean pit toilet, dense forest, and fire-pit. The next morning we ride back to Millet on an alternate route.
• Bicycle with rear rack, water bottle ;)
• Panniers or saddle bags
• tent, sleeping bag, rain gear,
• matches, patch kit, spare tube, mosquito spray,
• riding vest with reflectors
• food and water
Total riding distance for the weekend: 55 Km.
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
I have had a few people asking about bringing a vehicle to this meet up, camper trailers, and additional gear. I need to clear a few things up.
1. This is an UNSUPPORTED ride, intended to give those participating the experience of road touring without a SAG, or support from outside the riding group.
2. Only what is carried on your bike, or packed in your panniers, bags and frame can be brought.
3. We will cook over an open fire, a pit that we have at the campsite.
4. Typically a person can carry a pup tent, two man or three person tent. Whatever is appropriate for their bike packing.
5. Our campsite, will consist of only the tents and bikes we bring. Our site will have a picnic table, pit toilet, and, maybe additional washing water. (we may have some booze stashed as a reward)
This ride is intended to give the group a sense of accomplishment without going a great distance. It is intended to be an introduction into longer more dedicated rides to be scheduled in the next season.
If you need any further explanation, please call me directly. [masked])
CHECK OUT THIS SITE FOR SOME PACKING INFO. (http://bicycletouringpro.com)