addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Milwaukee Perl Mongers Message Board › A call for Lightning Talk volunteers

A call for Lightning Talk volunteers

Steve N.
mcsnolte
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 1
Next month we're planning to do a series of lightning talks, but we'll need YOU to give them!

Anyone interested, please comment here with a short topic. Plan on having EXACTLY 5 minutes to give your talk. We could probably do 6 to 8 talks.

Thanks in advance, and join #milwaukee-pm on irc.perl.org to brainstorm.
Steve N.
mcsnolte
Group Organizer
Milwaukee, WI
Post #: 3
I would like to give a lightning talk talk on Dependency Injection.
Andy B.
abrezinsky
New Berlin, WI
Post #: 3
I'd like to give a talk on using SAML to authenticate users against Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) in your Catalyst application. SSO FTW!
Gabriel M.
user 81445992
Athens, OH
I'm planning a lightning talk on Perl 6.
Nathan S
user 19006531
Clive, IA
If I'm able to make the meeting (and I certainly can if I can bring the kid along and / or convince Grandma to hang with her for a bit that night...) I'd like to wax five-minute-loquacious on my latest toils in putting Test::BDD::Cucumber, Selenium::Remote::Driver, and Test::More into the same bucket.

The same glorious bucket.

Daniel B.
user 6368722
Hartland, WI
I'd like to give a talk on parameterized roles and using MooseX::Role::Parameterized then I may follow up with some words of wisdom on why database constraints, especially unique indexes, are important, why there is no such thing as a "temporary" solution and it's not worth taking shortcuts when it comes to writing unit tests. Something to that effect, I may change my topic entirely by the time Thursday rolls around. I make no promises. Put me in coach!