Practice in a serene atmosphere how to reconnect with your body, release muscle tension and relieve stress.
Yin Yoga is a fantastic way to increase or maintain flexibility as it focuses on the areas around the joints. You’ll immediately notice more open hips, buttery muscles and a major mind detox. In the long run, it will lubricate joints, release the fascia of the body, increase flexibility and positively affect your yang practice.
There is so much more to Yin Yoga than just physical postures. We calm our nervous system, have better concentration and in general, feel more blissful over time. It is good to balance your yin practice with your yang practice. I'd recommend at least one Yin Yoga class per week.
My favorite aspect of Yin Yoga is that it can teach you to feel. Rather than rushing through asanas from breath to breath, Yin yoga cultivates a powerful inner awareness.
On the superficial level, you learn to feel how the slightest, most subtle movement changes the asana completely. On a deeper level, emotions surface that you usually suppress. You learn how to sit with difficult or painful emotions that arise and work through them - the same way you physically work with a difficult posture — adjust as needed, sit with it, breathe through it, send it Prana, and smile.
This class will help soothe your body and mind, and increase flexibility and general sense of well-being. Flexibility practice is vital, whether you lead a sedentary lifestyle or are an avid athlete. It gradually increases the functional range of motion, preventing injuries, falls and deterioration of the spine and joints, potentially saving you from pain, expensive treatments and loss of quality of life.
Class takes place indoors, with dimmed lights and soft music.
Wednesdays 7:45 pm-8:45 pm
Fridays 7 pm - 8 pm
(Please RSVP no later than 5 hr before class)
Admission: $15/class (if you are not fully satisfied with your first experience, the fee will be waived :)
5 classes: $65
10 classes: $120
Please read this important information:
• If you have any health concerns, especially any serious health problems or are pregnant, please consult your doctor before attempting any physical activities
• Make sure you allow 1 - 1.5 hours AFTER a large meal or 30 min after a snack, before class
• What to WEAR: comfortable, stretchy attire that will not constrict your movements, long pants preferred but not required. Wearing layers can be helpful, if you run hot while moving, because it's important to keep your muscles warm after class.
• What to BRING:
Yoga mat - if you don't have one, you can borrow it in class
Foam roller - if you own one
• With any questions, you can call/text (949)[masked] or email [masked]
• By joining the meetup, you agree to Meetup Terms of Service releases the Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any liability related to incidents that occur at Meetup gatherings
• Classes are lead by a certified fitness instructor
For more info:
1. Send a meetup message to the organizer, Tamara (http://www.meetup.com/Irvine-Fitness-Meetup/members/61015752/)
2. Email: [masked]