addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Andre G.
aguirard
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 368
My story Misprint, previously accepted by Hazard Cat but never actually published before they ran out of money, has been accepted for NLII. It is not a contender in the long title department.

I've also sold How The Invasion Came to Able Tooling of Cooper's Creek KS, which also doesn't come close to taking the long-title prize. It will apparently be paid for in birdseed. I hope it's spoonbill or something else exotic because we are already oversupplied with sparrows and finches and the like.
Terry F.
TFaust
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 752
Congratulations Andre.
Eli E.
Awfly_Wee_Eli
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 75
Proving that Michael has a sense of humor (in more ways than one) my previously unpublished story, Pinky The Invisible Flying Pony vs. The Giant Carnivorous Poisonous Exploding Spider-Leeches has been accepted for publication in Northern Lights II.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on the rough draft.

I also double-dog-dare anyone to come up with a longer title.

-Z
Conrad, does this mean you're still at a 100% acceptance rate?

The original title of my '05 NaNo novel was In Tongues Not Our Own; or, How My Unbridled Gay Lust Laid Waste to the Xcel Energy Center. But only because it was NaNo, and someone finally told me that I got to include my title in my word count. The book now answers to The Gift-Giver's Guide to Underground Weddings.
Sam H.
user 11824033
Saint Paul Park, MN
Post #: 17
My previously unpublished story, "Ratatosk," has been accepted for Northern Lights II. Woohoo!
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,352
Sam, is that your first sale?

If so... This calls for confetti.

Hmm
Sam H.
user 11824033
Saint Paul Park, MN
Post #: 18
Hai. So desu ne.
It is my first sale. I'm okay with confetti. :D
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 372
Congrats, Sam, and here's to many more!
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,353
Hai. So desu ne.
It is my first sale. I'm okay with confetti. :D

I could not find my confetti. Would you accept pom-poms instead?

Hmm
Jo R.
LogicMouse
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 15
I too have experienced for the first time the sweet thrill of acceptance! My 750 word short Broken Up will be included in NLII as well!

Many thanks to all the MinnSpec folks who offered comments and encouragement when I read an earlier draft at a Lunds meetup last year.

-Jo
Conrad Z.
conradzero
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 150
Conrad, does this mean you're still at a 100% acceptance rate?

It does indeed. Mind you, 2 submissions = 2 publications probably says more about my quantity than my quality. It also makes me never want to submit anything ever again. :)

-Z