The topic for May will be "Writing action that speaks louder than words". We'll explore how to craft the physical cues that show a character's emotions more creatively and effectively than simply telling. Bill Cutler will lead the discussion.
We will critique three submissions, first come--first served. The guidelines are:
• Items must be listed in Files under MORE! on the Homepage by May 6th. You need to be logged in on the Homepage to access Files.
• Submissions should be a maximum of 10,000 words and submitted in Word or RTF, but not .docx or PDF. If doing a continuation of an ongoing work, please do a synopsis, the word count to be included in the maximum.
• Please preface the submission with [ESP Crit 5-13] so we know it's for our group.
• Please add page numbers so those doing critiques on a separate sheet of paper have a reference point.
Guidelines for critiques:
• Locate submissions under [ESP Crit 5-6] in Files under MORE!
• Print out a copy and make your edits and comments on it. It's OK to change the format for your printout.
• OR, make your comments on a separate sheet of paper to give to the author.
• Keep oral critiques to three minutes or less.
See you in May!