addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 571
Thanks, Abra!
Conrad Z.
conradzero
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 230
Amazon has two places to list authors. The first is near the top of the page just beneath the title and above the avg review star rating. The second is near the bottom of the page, the "More About The Authors" section can be found below the user reviews.

You can request the bottom of the page credit listing yourself from Amazon Author Central https://authorcentral...­ You will have to have some kind of "proof" that you were a contributing author. I referenced the book bibliography listing on Michael's website here: http://www.michaelmer...­ Sounds like Goodreads will work as well.

But the top of the page credit listing must be made by the publisher. This is the reply I got from amazon:

Hello Conrad,

I've verified that you provided a story to "Sky-Tinted Waters," and I've added this title to your bibliography. It will appear on the Author Page in 1-3 business days. I'll monitor this to ensure it appears on time, and will contact you if there’s any delay from this appearing.

I understand you'd also like your name added below the book title on the Detail page of this anthology. To prevent customers from becoming overwhelmed, we only list the editors of anthologies and any contributor names provided by the publisher. If you'd like your name listed under the title of the book, please work with your publisher to have your name added.

Although your name won't appear at the top of the Detail page, under the title, there's a "More About the Author" section further down the page. This section provides customers with a direct link to the Author Page.

Note that for both of these credits you'll want an amazon author page set up first, or there's nothing for the credit to link to. Either of these credits established will also add the book to your amazon author page.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 572
I listed the Goodreads authors listing and was told they "couldn't find it."

Infuriating.

We need some kind of "proof" set up for "Northern Lights" as well . . .
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 573
Pointed out and copied the Goodreads listing of authors. My reply.

Hello Roy,

I regret that we haven't been able to address your concerns to your satisfaction. However, as previously explained, in order for us to be able to add "Sky-Tinted Waters" and "Northern Lights" to your bibliography we will need a link to a table of contents that clearly lists your name.

We won't be able to provide further insight or assistance for your request.

Thank you for contacting us.

Best regards,

Jacob B.
Sam H.
user 11824033
Saint Paul Park, MN
Post #: 70
Go down to the shelves, pick up a copy, and look... oh, wait, that's right, you don't actually sell anything. You're just a glorified shipping company that doesn't really ship anything. Rather, you tell the shipping companies where to get stuff and where to take it. What good are you again?

*deep breath*

Sorry. I'll get down off the soap box.
Conrad Z.
conradzero
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 231
There is a method to Amazon's madness, and having each-and-every author try to request and prove themselves as contributors is not the way.

This is all solved quite swimmingly if the publisher would simply log into amazon and credit the authors in the book listing. As I requested. September of last year. confused

Roy, I see the author listings for Sky-Tinted Waters and Northern Lights are now available here: http://www.michaelmer...­ That was proof enough for amazon when I asked to be listed, hopefully it will work for you as well.
Roy C. B.
user 3023314
Bemidji, MN
Post #: 574
Thanks, Conrad, once more into the breach . . .
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,623
I want to thank you folks for hosting this conversation, and giving me a clue to how to get myself listed on all of this stuff. It's time I actually took the steps to get myself listed as an author in the anthologies that I'm in...

Hmm
Jason D. W.
jasondwittman
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 543
This may be a dumb question, but is there a place on this site where authors can list their works?
Hilary Moon M.
Hilary
Group Organizer
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10,626
Jason, would you like there to be? We have pages, but no one has updated them in a very long time.

Hmm