addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Twin Cities Roleplaying Association Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Established group looking for a player (Harn)

Established group looking for a player (Harn)

A former member
Post #: 58
We have a Harn group that meets every other thursday evening (6pm to 10ish) in Plymouth. It's a good group that has been around a while but we are losing one player and have room for another.

About the game: Harn is a low magic, medieval setting. Combat is detailed, strategic and often brutal. There is a lot of feudal intrigue and plenty of RP. No experience with the system is necessary. We all learned it at one point. No books are necessary as we have plenty of materials provided. Character creation is very deep and rich. You will know a lot about your character at the end of creation.

The group; Many of us have been gaming together for 5 yrs or more. Our ages run late 20's to mid 40's. This particular campaign is about 3 yrs old. We are not hardcore RP players who are constantly in character. We like to joke around and have some fun, too. We are very newbie friendly, too. All we ask is that you can show up on a consistent basis and have some fun.

If you have any interest drop me a line andwe can chat.

Jeff
Steve W.
wilcoxon
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 69
Out of curiosity, which version of HarnMaster is being used? I haven't seen anyone playing in quite some time.

Unfortunately, Thursdays don't work for me.
A former member
Post #: 59
Steve, It's a stew of most of the versions with some house rules. For the most part I love the combat and magic systems. I don't know of a more detailed and rich world with more resources so there is always a lot to do. We got rid of some of the combat rules that didn't make sense and made the system a little too rules heavy and drove a lot of paperwork. For example, I don't use the armor damage rules. That made the game too real. No player really wants to keep track of wear his armor is damaged and no GM wants to keep dealing with players who are constantly wanting to buy new armor in every town they walk into. I also stuck with the fixed initiative skill from the original version of the game. I didn't feel the combat system made a lot of sense if luck determined who went first. For a game that puts a premium on veteran experience I thought it made sense the way it originally was.

So, to answer your question, I guess I can't really answer your question :)

Jeff
A former member
Post #: 62
Bump

Still looking :) Message if you have interest.

Jeff