This meetup is for those who are on the Minimalist path or are thinking about it, and would like space for inspiration, support and encouragement, as well as an opportunity to meet like-minded individuals for connection and friendship.
What is Minimalism? Minimalism is so much more than Tiny Houses and owning less stuff. It's a practice of reducing distractions in life in order to refine our truths and priorities, guiding us towards values of connection, purpose, and meaning. Minimalism invites us to make space to tap into a more energizing and fulfilling life. As Minimalists, we aspire to inspect our habitual behaviors and question their value; to question if they truly bring a sense of deep contentment and joy, or if they feed the endless desire for "more". Minimalism asks us to question the messages we've received from the culture at large about what our life, home, job, etc. "should" look like; to question if these cultural messages are leading us, our society, and our planet down a path of destruction or renewal.
More practically, here are just a few reasons why we practice Minimalism:
1. Less clutter in one’s home and storage areas.
2. More money for other expenditures, gifts, self-care, charity, vacations, etc.
3. Saving money for retirement, investments, kids’ college, etc.
4. Producing less waste: what's healthy for the environment is healthy for us.
5. Clearing time (lower expenses can enable you to work less) so energy can be redirected towards family and friends, hobbies, passions, political involvement, volunteering, creative endeavors, studying and learning.
6. Clearing psychological/spiritual space, because less STUFF with all its attendant requirements means less emotional clutter/baggage/distraction/responsibility.
Whether you're new to minimalism or well on your way, this is a great article to read: