Please support us during the month of August in celebration of our California Senate Resolution and Sacramento County Proclamation designating the Month of August as Yes2Kollege African American Women’s Health Legacy (AAWHL) month throughout California.
Bring the family to our 6th annual educational and tasteful visit to Agriculture Advocate, Ron Kelley’s Farm, where he gives our families important nutritional messages that help us reverse the effects of Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, and Obesity in the African American community.
When: Saturday, August 3, 2019 What Time: 10am to 1:00pm Where: Ron Kelley’s U-pick Farm 1120 Scribner Road, Sacramento 95832 (5 miles past Mack Rd off Freeport Boulevard in South Sacramento)
We will carpool at 9:30am from CVS Pharmacy @ 1350 Florin Rd (at Freeport Blvd)
Festival Activities Include: Hotdogs and salads provided by AAWHL
• Bring snacks and beverages, lawn chair
• Healthy Recipe Demonstration by Chrysalis Catering - vegetables & fruits from the farm
• Low Impact Exercise Demonstration by TEAL Group Fit2Go Fitness
• Urban Farming Information from Green-Tech Education & Employment
• Walking/Running Demonstrations
• You-Pick Harvesting - bring money to purchase what you pick
• Farmers Market - bring money to purchase, if not interested in picking your own veggies
Ron Kelley’s Admission is $7.00 per person
Non-Profits and Vendors – Contact Toni Colley-Perry to Reserve a space set up is at (9:00 a.m.)
(Please bring table & chairs for your volunteers.)
FREE Admission for All = Minority Health Professions Mentor Program Students/Mentors wearing MHPMP T-Shirt!