addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Minnesota | Roleplayers Message Board TCRA Main Forum › Looking for D&D 3.x group for Mon - Wed

Looking for D&D 3.x group for Mon - Wed

Scott V.
user 16639111
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 1
Hey everyone!

I'm attending an internship this summer and would like to find a role playing group during the week. I'll typically be available Monday through Wednesday after five. Although I may be able to swing a Sunday night or Thursday night in there too. I've played D&D for something like 8 years now (I'm 24); mostly 3.5 stuff. I'd be open to something new, but would prefer D&D, especially an oriental adventures campaign. I can do story driven, dungeon crawl, optimized characters... whatever!

Let me know if you have a group and need an extra person or would like to try to set up a new group with me.

Look forward to gettin my nerd on,

Scott
Leah
FangBloodgood
Minneapolis, MN
I am a GM looking for players for a 3.5 house rules that could easily fit any day monday - wed after 5. We find a few other players. one more person is the bare minimum and youve got a game.

Leah
Scott V.
user 16639111
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 2
Sure, if we can find one or more players to join us, I'd be interested in giving it a go. What sort of house rules would you have?
Leah
FangBloodgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
Bowanalthus@hotmail.com Email me and we can get together to discuss it. its harder to get out over messages for me.
Alex
Eldritch.Us
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 36
Can you please post a brief description with the following:
Where (what part of city)?
What type of setting for the campaign?
Thanks!
Leah
FangBloodgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
tower games at 48th and nicolet.

Setting is any fantasy with moderate magic, no evil characters. a fair amount of actual role playing is involved. its not hack and slash.

Characters are created with me, in person.
A former member
I would very much be interested in this if you have room for one more. Do you go by the core 3.x rulebooks only or do you allow things from Forgotten Realms/Eberron? That isn't a dealbreaker for me, just curious as Warforged is my favorite race to PC. I will email you.
Scott V.
user 16639111
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 3
Actually yeah, I'd be very interested in doing an Oriental Adventures 3.5 type of thing... I've been on a kick for monks and iajuitsu masters :P
Leah
FangBloodgood
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 4
I have combined many a thing. I dont truly like what they did to Rokugan in 'Oriental Adventures' I am a Legend of the Five Rings person myself. But I do have a complete Ancient Japanese society on my fantasy world. you are MORE than welcome to make an oriental adventures character.
Scott V.
user 16639111
Eden Prairie, MN
Post #: 4
SWEET! I actually just bought the L5R 3rd edition book in hopes of playing it someday. Haven't read anything in it yet though. But D&D 3.5 is definitely my specialty and I'm stoked to play some sort of samurai, monk, or some combination... However, I don't like to make builds for my characters until I have an idea of what the story would be like. I'd like to know things like:

• If there are specific monster types (like undead or something) that we'd be seeing a lot of
  • How prevalent skill challenges may be
  • If I were to go the duelist route, would you allow plenty of opportunities to play out duels?

• This would be crucial if I were to play the Iaijutsu Master, although I can still do matches as a monk too...
    • Like protecting my honor or someone I'm honor bound to (like my master, etc)

• Would you allow us to take flaws (as defined in Unearthed Arcana)?
  • Would you allow variant classes from Unearthed Arcana? Or are you very strict about these things?
  • Obviously the general storyline

I realize you said it'd be easier to just have everyone meet and talk all this out. I just want to get a general idea so I can brain storm a bit.

As far as a starting time. Did you have a specific date you'd like to see for us to meet for the first time? What works for everyone the best? Like I said, I'll be available after 5pm Monday through Wednesday for the duration of the summer. However, I am taking an online class that meets on Wednesday night from 7-8:30. This class has about 6 weeks left. So Monday and Tuesday are preferable.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm excited to get some characters rolled and get going!