- La navigation dans les applications mobiles (MRB #17)
- Description du talk L’un des composants le plus important d’une application mobile est la navigation. Dans une application native il suffit le plus souvent de suivre les préconisations des SDK Android ou iOS. Cependant avec React Native, nous disposons de nombreux choix qui ont chacun leurs atouts et inconvénients. Nous ferons ensemble un tour d’horizon de ces différentes solutions : pro-tips, conseils, retours d’expérience. Le but ? Offrir la meilleure expérience de navigation à vos utilisateurs ! - Speaker Thibault Lenclos a été diplômé en 2014 à l’ESGI en ingénierie des applications mobiles et passionné du Web depuis de nombreuses années. Thibault s’implique notamment dans les environnements techniques de Symfony et React / React native, pour lesquels il dispose d’une forte expertise. Il investit une bonne partie de son temps dans l’expérimentation de nouvelles technologies et apprécie les interfaces novatrices qui n’oublient pas l’ergonomie et le fun ! Aujourd’hui, Thibault pilote l’activité de “Premier Octet”, filiale de JoliCode spécialisée dans les technos JS pour le front et le mobile - notamment React et React Native.
- Kotlin for Swift developers (MRB #16)
Talk will be in french or english depending on attendees. - Description Swift and Kotlin have a lot of concepts in common but they also have a few notable differences. Knowing both languages can help you write better code and share ideas between developers of “the other platform”. > We will cover the basics of Kotlin before converting a Swift app into a Kotlin one. We will use concepts such as sealed classes, extensions and of course coroutines to make our code more robust and readable. - Speaker bio Jonas Schmid has been dabbling with Android since its release and with iOS when reference counting was still a thing. He now works at Liip, building apps for big and smaller clients. He enjoys seeing synergies between both platforms, in particular with Swift and Kotlin.
- Building Full Stack Mobile Apps w/ React Native & GraphQL (MRB #15)
-- Talk Building Full Stack Mobile Apps with React Native & GraphQL. The GraphQL implementation will be with AWS AppSync / AWS Amplify. -- Speaker Nader Dabit is a Developer Advocate at AWS Mobile specializing in serverless computing & cross-platform application development.
- Mobile Authentication using FIDO (MRB #14)
Details * Talk will be in English • Presentation about FIDO authentication system for mobile apps by Nicolas Marfurt, Software Engineer at AdNovum • Followed by the usual apero Bio Nicolas is a software engineer at AdNovum, a company specialized in high-end software development. He has several years of experience in iOS development, and is currently working on mobile banking applications.
- MRB Fondue @Café Romand (MRB #13)
As announced yesterday, the MRB #13 will be a fondue at Café Romand. Modus operandi is everyone pay for his own food/drinks. Please make sure you come if you register, as I will book the restaurant in advance :) Thanks, Thomas
- Progressive Web Apps (MRB #12)
- ReactNative at Audemars Piguet (Industrial apps) (MRB #11)
* Talk will be in English or French depending on participants • Presentation by Patrick De Loureiro, mobile developer at Audemars Piguet • Followed by the usual apero Talk description Patrick will share how he uses ReactNative to create mobile apps that need to run in industrial environment, which often means mission critical situations.
- Machine Learning: Big Picture and Use Cases for Mobile Devs (MRB #10)
* Talk will be in English or French depending on participants • Presentation by Florian Laurent, Freelance Developer at Kensai.ch • Followed by the usual apero Bio Florian is an EPFL grad who has worked at CERN and in the Swiss online banking industry. For the past two years he has been working as a freelancer while getting up to speed on ML. He currently works with CrowdAI.org helping organise ML challenges, with Coteries as a fullstack and Android dev, and on his startup Arbiter.app. Talk content * Big Picture: What are AI/ML/DL? * Overview of the State of the Art * Case Studies for Mobile Devs
- Burger Summer Lunch (MRB #9)
Hi all, In order to end the year, I'd like to organize a burger lunch at Etoile Blanche (aka Mobile Romandie Burger :P). The regular meetup (talk+apéro in the evening) will start again in September when we're all back from holidays. *If you register, please make sure to come as I will book a table for the number of people who answered positively on Meetup.com. Thanks!* See you then, Thomas N.B. This event isn't sponsored and everyone has to pay for his own food/drinks.